The Council is the supreme authority of the organization; it is formed by its general members in good standing and represents their corporate body. It is the supreme authority of the organization and is required to meet approximately every fifteen months. The purpose for the Council meeting is as follows:
- receive the report on the activities of the organization since the last meeting;
- approve the Auditor’s report for the previous year and the budget for the current year;
- confirm actions of the Executive Committee and the Audit Committee taken since the last meeting.
The Executive Committee consist of a President, country Vice-Presidents, Country Members-at-Large, the Treasurer, the Immediate Past President and non-voting members consisting of the Ambassador-at-Large and a representative from each of the participating National Standard Development Organizations. The responsibilities of the Executive Committee is to:
- implement the decisions of the Council;
- prepare recommendations for the Council;
- coordinate all technical activities;
- establish and monitor the operations of the CANENA product sector Technical Harmonization Committees and Technical Harmonization Subcommittees;
- establish standards harmonization procedures to ensure the principles of consensus are followed;
- support the development of maintenance procedures for harmonized standards; and
- appoint a registrar to maintain the Council’s membership register.
- appoint a Controller to maintain the Council’s accounting books, invoices and payments.
We hope you will attend the 2021 CANENA Council Meeting, February 25, 2021 in Mexico. A meeting notice, accompanied with the agenda, shall be dispatched to the member at least one month before the date scheduled for a Council meeting.